Support for people who hoard

Southampton City Council can offer support for anyone who is struggling to get on top of their clutter and hoarding.

Hoarding happens for all sorts of reasons and they won’t make any judgements about you or your living situation.

They are just here to help you get your life back on track and make your flat or house feel like a home again.

If you or the person you are worried about lives in a council or housing association property, please contact their housing provider for further information and support.

If you or the person you are worried about privately rents or owns their home, please call Adult Social Care Connect on 023 8083 3003 or report concerns at

You can find more information about hoarding and support for people who hoard at the following websites:

Help for hoarders:   

Hoarding UK:  



You can print the leaflet below: